Accounting Software Customer Service Representative
Since 1979, Software Unlimited, Inc. has been a Sioux Falls, SD based, regional leader in developing fund accounting software solutions for K-12 school districts. Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model provides product/software development, sales/marketing, training, and unlimited customer support for our clients. Our mission is to create, maintain, update, train, and support comprehensive and affordable fund accounting solutions tailored and customized to meet specific state and federal financial reporting requirements for public school districts.
We are currently seeking a versatile, full-time team member who may enjoy engaging in a variety of roles related to our service offering with a fundamental focus on customer success. Primary responsibilities include providing technical Customer Support for our clients via telephone and online communication, assisting our Training team in an ancillary role, and contributing to our product Quality Assurance efforts.
Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm CT.
*This position can be full-time remote, full-time in our office in Sioux Falls, SD, or hybrid. Permanent residency near Sioux Falls, SD is preferred; however, daily attendance at our physical office is not required. Consideration for full-time remote work-from-home option in the following states: South Dakota, North Dakota, Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical customer support for end-users:
- Provide timely and professional telephone support to our clients for our fund accounting software application
- Use problem-solving and research skills to provide clients with the best possible resolutions
- Learn new products and enhance knowledge of existing products
- Contribute to product quality testing:
- Identify and report software bugs and/or issues as they arise
- Assist with quality assurance testing for program enhancements and new products
- Assist with training:
- Assist with in-person and online trainings
- Travel opportunities to various training locations
This position is perfect for someone who has strong customer service skills, enjoys helping others and enjoys working in many areas of a company. In this position, you will gain valuable technical experience, customer service experience and have the opportunity to work within a smaller private company, which can provide you with a unique look into the many facets of general business that you may not experience with a large company.
Software Unlimited, Inc. has strong, lasting relationships with our clients and has become one of the most trusted accounting software vendors for K-12 schools. There are many definitions to customer service, but our approach is focused and proactive. We recognize the value of good customer service both during and after the sale. If you possess a professional demeanor and enjoy communicating a caring and positive attitude, then we look forward to learning more about you.
- Travel not required, but up to 10% can be spent traveling depending on company needs (Travel expenses paid by Software Unlimited, Inc.)
- Customer Service Experience preferred
- Effective communication, listening and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in a school business office a plus
- Degree or certificate in an accounting, computer, training, or technology area a plus
- Basic accounting knowledge a plus
- Varied computer software experience with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.50 – $22.00 per hour + bonuses
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday