Software Training Representative
We are currently seeking a full-time Trainer to work within our Training Department at Software Unlimited, Inc. For over 35 years, Software Unlimited, Inc. has been a Sioux Falls based, regional leader in providing fund accounting software solutions for Midwest school districts. Software Unlimited, Inc. is a full-service solution vendor providing product/software development, sales/marketing, training, and customer support for our clients. Our mission is to create, maintain, update, train, and support comprehensive and affordable fund accounting solutions tailored and customized to meet specific state and federal financial reporting requirements for school districts.
- Instruct trainings on our various programs/software products for our clients.
- Instructing trainings is the primary duty of the Trainer, encompassing approximately 50-70% of the Trainer’s time.
- The types of trainings the Trainer will instruct include formal workshops, one-on-one phone trainings, webinars, and on-site trainings.
- The formal training workshops are held within our Midwest territory, and thus the Trainer position requires 25% travel (approximately one week per month).
- Provide timely and professional telephone support to our clients on our various programs/software products, encompassing approximately 20% of the Trainer’s time.
- Complete research and use problem solving skills in order to provide our clients with the best possible solutions.
- Respond to training inquiries.
- Promote training opportunities.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of training content/materials.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and complete various projects as assigned.
The Trainer position is perfect for someone who is very detail oriented and enjoys helping/teaching others. Whether you are looking to start your career in training or looking for that next big stepping stone on your career path, we have an opportunity available for you that deserves a closer look.
In this position, you will gain valuable experience in training, customer service, and business development. You will also have the opportunity of working within a smaller company to provide you with a unique look into the many facets of general business that you would not get with a larger company.
Software Unlimited, Inc. has strong, lasting relationships with our clients. There are many definitions to customer service, but our approach is focused and proactive.
- Detail oriented, with accuracy a priority
- Well organized and able to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
- Good customer service skills with a positive, friendly attitude
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Ability to effectively present information in front of a group and in individual settings
- Available for travel as required by Management (25% travel)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand functionality of software applications (computer competent)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (knowledge of Microsoft Publisher is a plus, but not required)
- Previous training experience or background in education/teaching preferred
- Background writing and designing handouts, documentation, newsletters, or promotional materials helpful
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with attached resume.